Bookings and the general cancellation policy
Making a booking at our hotel means that you accept our Cancellation Policy and Houserules. All bookings must be guaranteed with a valid credit card.
● Standard rate / Flexible rate: The total amount due will be pre-authorized on your credit card 2 days prior to arrival. If pre-authorisation is declined for any reason, the guest will be informed by email, and in case of no reply, the reservation will be cancelled within 24 hours.
If you want to cancel or change your booking, please let us know at least 2 days before arrival date, before 11:59 PM (Amsterdam local time). If you cancel later or don’t show up, the full cost of the accommodation will be charged to the credit card. A day starts at 00:00 UTC/GMT+01:00.
● Prepay & Save / Non-refundable rate: Your credit card will be charged at the time of your booking. "Non-refundable" bookings cannot be cancelled, exchanged or refunded.
● Groups. Please kindly note, when making a reservation for 4 rooms or more, a different “Group cancellation policies” apply. The hotel will inform you about this policy via email.
We always advise our guests to take travel insurance.
We accept various payment methods:
● Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, AMEX). Payment by credit card is accepted if the cardholder is staying at the hotel. If this is not the case, we will require an email from the card-holder, authorising us to charge the total amount payable for the stay. A photocopy of the cardholder’s national identity card or the photo page of his/her passport and a photocopy of both sides of his/her credit card must be attached to this confirmation.
● Debit card (Maestro, Visa Electron, V Pay)
Current city tax in Amsterdam is 7%. On top of that, there is a tourism fee of €3 per person per night.
You agree to be liable for delayed or amended charges which may include: loss of keys, other consumption charges, provided services, damage to the accommodation, rooms left behind in an unreasonable way and eventual miscalculations by check-in, during your stay and after check-out.
The management team of Hotel Amstelzicht accepts no responsibility for any loss, accidents, personal injury, medical expenses or property damage caused by personal negligence or by any other circumstances beyond our control.
The hotel is not responsible for valuables left in the rooms.
The standard check-in time is between 2:00 PM and 10:00 PM.
Check-in after 10:00 PM is available on request.
Early check-in is subject to availability, but you are always welcome to leave your luggage at our storage free of charge.
A security deposit of €100 per room will be asked to guarantee extras (mini-bar, phone calls, etc.)
Check-out is required by 11:00 AM.
The security deposit will be refunded at the check-out if there are no expenses to be covered.
After check-out, your luggage can be left in the storage of the hotel.
Please notice that the Hotel Amstelzicht is 100% smoke-free. It is forbidden by law to smoke in the hotel or rooms.